Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Spotlight: Eric Nam, Ooh Ooh


Though I tend to be the biggest fan of groups, Eric Nam has been blowing me away with his vocals, and his latest number "Ooh Ooh" is pretty much the cherry of top of the pie. I follow him regularly on After School Club (as well as all the other K-Pop guests), and I've continually been touched by the covers and themes he's done on the show, with my overall favorite being his duet with U-KISS's Kevin on "All of Me" by John Legend. "Ooh Ooh" is the perfect anthem for those killer vocals, and a little help from INFINITE's Hoya is always welcome, too! And since Kevin himself also makes a guest appearance, I'm still holding out hope that Keric's Code may one day happen and fulfill all my ASC dreams.

Most importantly, my love for this song serves as a nice reminder not to let the soloists of K-Pop slide just because I'm addicted to the industry's group dynamics. Lee Hi, Rain, SE7EN, Lee Hyori, and (of course) Eric Nam are personal favorites, but my Ipod could stand to be introduced to a few more talented solo stars. Time for a little K-Pop hunting? I'm always up for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment