Pages

Friday, May 2, 2014

5 Comments I'm Sick of Seeing on Asian Pop Videos





1. "Japanses" should stick to science

Hmmmm... you "love Japan," but define them by the science/math genius stereotype and can't recognize their language, apparently, since this comment was posted on a K-Pop video. And what the hell is a "Japanses"?



2. Asian Justin "Beaber"


This comment is annoying on its own, but minus points are added if:
a) The artist debuted before Justin (this comment was from a Se7en video)
b) The artist is a group, not a solo act
c) The artist is singing in a completely different genre from Bieber
d) The artist has legitimate talent





3. Too gay


Oh, did I miss the gay sex? The singers making out? I'm a fujoshi, so I'm pretty sure I would have noticed...
The plot of this "too gay" music video? The group sitting in a room singing. Not touching. They start dancing. Still not touching each other. One of the members recalls bittersweet memories of their girlfriend. The members put a comforting hand on his shoulder for a few seconds.
So gay. I can't even handle the gay.





4. Fap time!

Yeah, those girls are pretty beautiful, aren't they? I'm sure all of their fans (most of whom are also female, believe it or not) really wanted to know that you use the video they are currently watching to "fapsterbate." 






5. The Asian 1D


I get that 1D is a big boy group, but they were not the first currently active boy group to start performing. This comment gets bonus minus points if:
a): The artist debuted before 1D (this comment shows up a lot on SHINee videos)
b): The comment calls the group "Korean" when they are actually Japanese or Chinese, or vice versa
c): The comment accuses songs that were released before 1D debuted of copying off of 1D
d): The artist is a dance group (does 1D have moves like SHINee? I think not!)
e): The artist sings songs in entirely different genre than 1D
f): The artist is a girl group (I have seen this before)
g): The artist is a soloist (seen this before, too)
h): The artist is Big Bang (other than having five male members, these groups couldn't be more different)













1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to say I super love your blog ^_^ I find myself wanting to scream when I see these comments. I always wonder if Asians make comments about American singers like these, although my rose-colored glasses won't let me see such things and I imagine only Americans are this openly disrespectful.

    ReplyDelete